Sunday, March 7, 2010

Peace of Mind...

...the advantage of knowledge is this: that wisdom preserves the life of its possessor. Ecc 7:12

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11: 22, 24

Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. James 5: 13-15

These are just a few of the versus from the Bible that give me encouragement. Lets be honest here, I am far from perfect. I do not get around to reading my Bible everyday even though I try. There are many days during the week when I do not get around to my prayer journal. With all of that said though, I do PRAY everyday. Often it happens during daily tasks while my body is busy doing chores. I know this is not what God prefers, but I still know he is listening. He hears everything I bring to him no matter when I bring it. He does not mind if I call on him several times throughout the day. God wants me as one of his children to talk to him. He wants me to feel comfortable asking for his help and giving my burdens over to him.

Over the past four years I have grown leaps and bounds in my personal relationship with God, and he has rewarded me for my efforts. I have been given peace of mind. Next to salvation, this is one of the greater gifts in life in my opinion. Knowing that God is on my side is a truly awesome thing. He is always there for me even when others are not able. God is never too busy!

God knows me better than I know myself, and for this reason he has made it important for me to have a support group here on earth. He wants me to grow in my relationship with him, but he knows that I will need help along the way. Over the years he has given me and Cody several Church families to help us in the stage of life we were in. He has provided for us what we needed mentally and emotionally over the course of our marriage. God used each of these Church families to challenge us and help us grow in our marriage as well as in our relationship with him. He has taught us that being present and listening is important, but service for his good is also vital for maturity. I have no doubt in my mind that God has had a hand in every step of our lives thus far. He has opened and shut doors at various times to encourage the changes that have brought us to where we are today.

By being part of such wonderful Church families over the years I have learned that they are there for a reason. They teach you lessons, keep you accountable, help you raise your children, and they pray for you. God has taught me that prayer is so important. Prayer is your way of communicating with God. I know their are differing opinions about prayer, but what could possibly be better than having a direct line to God? He wants me to talk to him, not only for myself but for others too. God also wants me to ask others for prayers on my behalf. He is on my side, and wants me to have the encouragement I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment