Saturday, March 13, 2010

The Day After

Hello everyone,

It is now the day after surgery. I slept alot yesterday, and don't remember much about it. Sometime last night the elephant that had been sitting on my chest decided to leave. There is still a great deal of pressure, but I am looking forward to getting up in a little while and walking around. We are now on the road to recovery, and that is where I have wanted to be.

My doctor visited this morning, and said everything was looking good. I have alot of bruising on my chest around the tops of my breasts, and the pressure that I feel comes from the expanders. They placed the expanders under my muscle tissue, and will be streching my muscles out over the next couple of months. So I will feel pressure each time they do this. Katie has told me that the expansion is not as painfull as what I am feeling today.

Overall, I think I am doing very well. I am especially looking forward to my shower in a little while. I wanted to thank all of you for your prayers, and I know God will be helping me through the recovery process too.

No comments:

Post a Comment