Thursday, March 11, 2010

the night before.

Well, I am typing this on Cody's iPhone so I am sure I will go back later and make corrections. We are staying the night at the embassy suites in Lubbock. Not quite home but it beats having to be up at 2am to drive in from Amarillo. I can say that right now I am not nervous. We enjoyed a very nice dinner with Dad and Terry and came back to the hotel to visit with my aunt Linda and her friend Tom. Cody was his usual laugh arrowsing self so it was a wonderful evening .

I feel really good right now and I am ready for tomorrow to be over so we can start on the road to recovery. Crazy as this seams I hope to be folding laundry by mid week. I have set goals for myself to make sure that I don't just lay around prolong my down time. Don't worry I will be taking it easy, and I will not overextend myself or push my limits. My goal is not make things harder on myself than it should be. I just feel that if I gradually start using my muscles and continue to strech them daily I will do better overall.

Enough rambling on my part. I am excited about tomorrow for a few reasons. I was contacted about a reasearch study that is being carried out by TTUHSC and Joe Arrington Cancer Center. SPOC is the name of the study. I am not sure what it stands for but will find out tomorrow. The overall idea is that they take the tissue removed from my breasts that will not be sent for pathology and use it. My boobies will be used to help out with a cancer research study!!! Once again, I will find out more about it tomorrow. From the phone conversation I had they will be using my tissue to grow tumors. After the tumor has been grown they will try new treatments to see how effective they are in combating the tumor. I cannot think of a better place for my boobies to go!

There is also another bit of information I talked with my genetic counselor about today, but I am going to keep it a secret for a while longer! Nonetheless though, it is very exciting!!

Well, God Bless all of you, and keep the prayers going for us tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Betsey, You are so brave and I am anxious to hear how things went yesterday! I will be praying for you and your family as you recover in the days and weeks to come!

    ReplyDelete