Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's time to reveal...

Over the past few days I have started envisioning a picture that I believe will be taken soon.  It is a little bitter sweet thinking about it, but "It's for a good cause" can probably take the edge off a bit.  I can see it now in my mind, Katie and I sitting together smiling for the camera.  In my mind though, Katie has little or no hair and my blonde highlighted curls are still crazy and poofed like I want them.  Katie with no hair, its no longer in my imagination it has become a quick reality.  Last night Ronnie, Katie's husband, oiled up the shears and went to town.   

It's so familiar, but something I thought we would never have to be a part of again.  I remember vividly the day Mom finally decided to shave her head.  The night before she had let me cut her long hair into a bob, first thing the next morning we went to Lubbock.  After a day of shopping and Mom's hair trailing her in the wind she was ready for a shaved head.  I believe it was embarrassing for Mom that day in Lubbock.  There is no way in my mind to understand what Katie is going thru right now. 

Back to the picture!  Katie and I have been asked to be part of something very special.  We are going to be able to educate, encourage, and give hope to so many people out there!  In the coming weeks Katie and I are going to be interviewed for an article about breast cancer, genetic testing, and all the other things involved.  What an amazing opportunity.  Think about the impact of two sisters dealing with breast cancer in two totally different ways.  Not only sisters, but one 31 and the other 28.  I know that God is using us, and I pray that we are up for the challenge. 

Please be thinking about both of us, and I will keep you updated as things progress with the article!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting such a great information! found your website perfect for my needs.

    ReplyDelete