Monday, April 19, 2010

Decisions, decisions...

Well, I believe I have done a somewhat adequate job of flooding you with information on breast implants. Who would have thought I would be able to come up with three complete blogs worth of information. I am sure I could have elaborated more, but there is a point that it just becomes monotonous and boring. I guess the next thing to do is tell you about some of the questions that I have.

Today is Monday, April 19th, I should have just completed my third fill, but Taylor was sick with a stomach bug all night. Therefore, after waking up from the bulk of last nights sleep at 9:30 this morning I called and rescheduled today's appointment for next Monday. I cannot say that I am all that disappointed, the weekly drive to Lubbock is becoming a bit longer each time. Also, if I end up with Taylor's stomach bug I would much rather not be sore from an expansion while hugging the porcelain thrown. So lets talk about the questions I am asking myself, and the thoughts going through my constantly thinking mind.

At last Monday's appointment I asked several questions. The easy one was, "How long after the expansion process is complete can we exchange my expander for implants?" Easy question, easy answer. We will have to wait six weeks after the final expansion before we can do the exchange. The next question was easy to ask and answer, but brings about a whole new list of questions. "Do I have to fully expand my 550cc expander?" NO. So here is my next question, "How big do I want to be?"

The black sheep in the room, "How big is too big, and how small is too small?" If you can give me an answer to this question that you feel completely certain about you may be in for a reward. I, personally, am clueless. There are so many factors to consider it makes my head feel like I am the girl from the Poltergeist movie. What are the factors? The one that seems the easiest and hardest right now is what my breasts look like right now after two expansions. Today I have a total of 300cc of saline in each of my breasts. They are very perky, hard as rocks, look a bit unnatural, and well they stick straight out. Remember though, these are expanders not implants. With that in mind, I have looked through so many pictures of before, during expansion, and after implant pictures. I would say that about 85% of the expansion photos closely resemble what I am experiencing. That puts my mind at ease a bit. Then we get to look at the after implant photos and they look very appealing, YEAH!! There is a considerable difference between my hard as rocks unnatural expanders and the soft curvy implants. One of the most prominent differences I have observed is that the expanders are compact and do not spread out like a natural breast does. It just sits somewhat like a snowball cake on your chest. The implant on the other hand has a much more natural flow. It's softer shell allows it to spread out and more closely resemble a woman's breast.

Alright, in my mind I have a coconut coated snowball cake in one hand and a water balloon in the other. The water balloon moves when my hand moves, and flexes when it is squeezed or pressure is applied. The cake on the other hand when you move it remains stationary. Instead of squeezing the cake I will just tell you that the expander is rock hard. This analogy is more about shape though. The cake and the water balloon are the exact same volume, but as we learned in physical science shape depends on the container. So my snowball cakes are a tighter fixed size, and the water balloons flex and can change shape somewhat. My point here is that while I think my expanders are starting to look quite large when replaced with the same volume implants they will most likely not look as full.

The question, unfortunately, has not been answered yet. The one thing I believe I have learned by the above rantings is that I am probably going to end up being a little larger that I would be comfortable with overall in order to reach a size I will be happy with in the end. YIKES :(

No comments:

Post a Comment