Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A few things...

I thought it was time to let all of you in on a few things. First and foremost next week marks a very important week in the publisizing of Heriditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer (HBOC).

FORCE, which I have mentioned in previous blogs, has fought hard and achieved the passing of a house resolution deeming the last week of September National HBOC week. Along with this the last Wednesday in September will be National Previvor Day!! This is great news for all of us out their fighting for the widespread publicity of HBOC.

This link gives more information about the new resolution.

Alright, on to my second bit of news. I have decided to take the plunge and go back to school! Cody and I have talked a great deal about this, and the decision has been made. In the spring, I will start taking classes to get my Bachelors of Science in Nursing!! I currently have a Bachelors in Agronomy (Agriculture), and have been able to put it to good use as JB & Taylor's Mommy! Both of the kids will be in school in the next 3 years, so I have decided to put this transition time to good use and pack in as many classes as possible while they are beginning Pre-K and eventually Kindergarten.

I feel that I am being called upon to help others in my situation, and my ultimate goal is to work at the local cancer center in Amarillo. God has a purpose for me, and he is slowly starting to show me what He has in mind! I have been very cautious in making this decision, and we feel this is truly where God is leading us. Wish me luck, but most of all be patient with me! I am sure I will be giving all of you updates along the way. It is also my intention to keep up with my Blog, though it might be more slowly than last winter and spring.

Last, but not least Katie and I have been asked to be a part of several activities during the month of October! Tomorrow we will be meeting together in Lubbock for an interview with a TV station. (I will let you know about the air date when I know more) We have also been asked to speak at a luncheon later on in October at the Joe Arrington Cancer Center in Lubbock. Team Deaton is striving to do our part to educate and get the word out! God is using us! It gives me a great deal of peace knowing that both our mother and grandfather would be so proud of what we are accomplishing!!

Until next time, God Bless!




post signature

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.

    ReplyDelete