Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A heavy heart.

During our lifetime we encounter many relationships. Typically these are formed in a close proximity to where we live or who and what we are associated with in our daily lives. From time to time though God twists and turns our paths to align us in a way that brings about unexpected friendships. Over the last 9 months I have been blessed to have my path deviated towards a new sisterhood. A sisterhood based upon hope and a fighting chance against breast and ovarian cancer.

Over the summer God blessed me with a BRCA Sister who is very much like myself. We have numerous similarities in our BRCA story that have allowed us to find comfort in each other. This last month has brought with it sadness for her family, and our conversation last night produced many questions for myself.

How do we provide comfort? "I'm Sorry." This universal phrase is the most quickly spoken in times of hurt and sadness, but there should be more that I can provide to my dear friend. "I will be praying for you and your family." A call to action! I can and will be a prayer warrior for my friend and her family. They will forever be on my mind and my prayer list, for if anyone can provide the miracle of complete healing it is my God!!! In the same breath though if it is not a miracle of healing that God will provide it is peace, understanding, and a soft heart. There is still a yearning in my heart to take my friend in my arms, being the embrace that helps to hold her together in a moment of grief. To be able to shed tears for her hurting and that of her family.

I know that God will show me what is the best course for comforting my friend, and I hope to be completely aware of it when He does. In the mornings when we first wake up we do not know what God will bring us throughout our day. Knowing this it is easy to justify being speechless in moments of shock and surprise. I would personally like to be better prepared for times like these in the future. My path is a new one to me, but I feel that I can better prepare myself for instances that would normally leave me with so few words of comfort.

When we give of ourselves we are a blessing to others! I hope to be a blessing more often!

Have a happy Tuesday!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment