Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What's to come...

As of lately, it seems as though I am living in two worlds. The one I truly adore comprising of our life at home and the trials of raising two toddlers. Life number two a whirlwind of doctors offices, radiology technicians, and medical terminology. When the two collide my mind is a mess. I know that this year is going to be tiresome and at times a blur, but I would like to include you in all of this. We as a whole have a lot to learn and experience. There are going to be many things happening in the Timmons house in the next year, and I hope we can give you a little peace of mind and if need be encouragement.

There are many things that I am planning to share, and I hope all of you will come back and continue to read. I would also like for you to feel comfortable asking questions if you have any. This continues to be a learning process for me, and I am doing my best to educate myself right now. If there ever comes a time you would like for me to research or elaborate on a specific topic let me know. Also, if you come across a resource you think I would enjoy please share.

I believe that knowledge is power, but I also feel there is a higher power that helps us make those decisions that must come from the heart. Over time I am also planning on sharing some of my experiences and how I have managed to cope with them.

In the past two weeks I have been to a plethora of different doctors appointments, and even scheduled myself for a preventative surgery. There have been many topics discussed at these appointments, and I am taking notes and intend to share what I have learned with you. From what you should expect when you go and see your doctor to what side effects can be expected if you choose a prevention method. I would also like to share recommendations on dealing with those side effects, and what I will be trying myself. Katie has also given me permission to discuss her situation with you. Hopefully we will be able to see some of the differences in prevention versus actually dealing with cancer.

Once again, if you ever have an questions or input please feel free to share! Hope you all have a wonderful day, and we will be talking soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment